A Message from the Principal
We warmly welcome you and your family to our school community.
At Pender’s Grove we believe that learning is innate and lifelong. We foster a safe, positive, supportive and equitable learning environment that respects the richness of our diverse community. We work with our students throughout their time at Pender’s to develop their understandings of our school values:
Respect, Integrity, Curiosity & Determination.
The school offers a dynamic approach to learning that enables students to participate in and adapt to a rapidly changing world. At Pender’s Grove the teaching and learning caters for students’ individual needs and abilities whilst providing a sound foundation for Secondary School. The school offers a wide range of programs with a clear focus on literacy and numeracy as well as a range of experiences in inquiry learning, the environment and the Arts.
The school goals are:
- For all students at Pender’s Grove PS to be literate, numerate and curious.
- For all students to be motivated and engaged in their learning.
- For all students to feel safe and supported at school and within the learning environment.
Inquiry Learning and investigations are an important aspect of student’s learning at Pender’s Grove and are focused around our four key organizers:
- Learning to learn
- Learning about ourselves and others
- Learning to live in the environment
- Learning how things work
At Pender’s Grove we pride ourselves on being a supportive community of learners who work together to deliver the best possible education for the children that attend our school. We pride ourselves on being an exception in the local area as regards the size of our school and the benefits that come with being
- big enough that our students do not miss out on the programs offered at a larger school!
- small enough that we can make sure that connectedness and relationships are always a focus!
- Teachers have greater capacity to tailor learning to individual children
- Students are known by all teachers and support staff
- Relationship between students, staff and families is enhanced, engaged and effective.
- It's safe to give things a try and make mistakes.
Click here for more about Community at Pender’s Grove Primary School
Please enjoy exploring our website and do not hesitate to contact myself or our school staff with questions or to arrange a visit. We have a tremendous sense of community here at Pender's and we would want you and your child to feel as connected to the school and love it as much as we all do.